Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Keeping it together...

OK, time to come clean. I have been slacking on the diet front. I kicked up the exercise a notch, and that probably messed up my diet big time.

I need to start listening to my body again. That was my biggest struggle, and what had the biggest impact on my health. It's hard to ignore the cravings that I have. It took me a couple of years to make progress on getting rid of those, and now I am back starting to get them again.

I am still pretty hopeful for the future; I am feeling good and much healthier.

One of the things I've found is that sometimes I will avoid going out because I am afraid of all of the junk I will eat/drink. The truth is that in social situations I usually hold it together pretty well. It's probably because there are a lot of people around and I feel guilty about digging in to junk. It may also be because there is a lot to do and I don't need to eat out of boredom.

Either way I need to focus on building good relationships with friends and spending quality time with people. I also need to work on my relationship with food again (or, as always).

1 comment:

  1. I do that too...not going out because I know I'll overindulge then be all pissed off at myself. If seems unhealthy either way. If I go out, I eat/drink junk...but if I stay home, I feel like I'm shutting myself out from social activies/humanity. Argh. The eternal struggle.

    How's the last month been for you, Doug?

    ReplyDelete