Wednesday, April 6, 2011

New beginnings...

My old blog, Beer & Cheese to the Beach, covered my efforts to lose a lot of weight and get back to a decent level of health. I've learned a lot from that process, and since then I have been reasonably steady in my weight.

However, I've found that maintaining stability and motivation and fitness has been very difficult for me. I swing back and forth wildly, depending on the season, how much travel I'm doing, and what else is going on in my life.

This has worked out okay, but I want to have some stability in my health and fitness. I am currently on the upswing, having gained back about 10 pounds. I am at the highest point of where I feel comfortable being.

I am going to start blogging again to hold myself accountable and use this community to reign in my bad habits and find new techniques for staying healthy.

I started to travel a lot for work, around a third of the year in a hotel room, and that has been a big struggle for me.

Looking back, I am proud of the accomplishments I have made. I have lost and maintained a loss of around 40 pounds. I stay somewhere between 40-50 pounds lost from my highest weight. Also during that weight loss, I quit smoking cigarettes. I wasn't a pack a day for 20 years type of smoker, but I picked up that bad habit for half a year or so, and it was hard to kick.

During my original weight loss, I also graduated college and went through the process of finding a job, moving to a completely unfamiliar place, and finding a way to make it home and adjust my life to the 9-5 grind.

I am excited to be back in the blogosphere and hope you guys can help keep me accountable, celebrate accomplishments, and point me in the right direction. I look forward to participating in the community again and cheering you on as well!

Cheers! I raise my glass (ice water please!) to us and our journeys through life!

No comments:

Post a Comment